Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day 6 - Lessons in Positivity

I am big fan of podcasts and videos, and not to mention TedX Talks.

While I shall post a list of my favourite talks on this site one day,  today I want you to watch this video as it is really heart-warming.

 Kudos to Lakshmi Rebecca and her team for this fantastic idea and of course “Margarita with a straw” just got added to my list of movies to watch.  It’s amazing how free-spirited and resilient Deepa is.

The video took me back to all the times that I have visited the ladies orphanage where my mother volunteers. Unlike Deepa here, those women were left at the orphanage as their families had no means to look after them.

I have not seen a more cheerful bunch of women.  I still remember this one time when I was visiting, they all got together and sang a song for me that they had heard on the radio. I was so overwhelmed with the gesture that I felt my eyes moisten.

The best lessons in positivity often come from unexpected quarters.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!