Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday

It was a lovely saturday evening and I was on my way back from work!! It was a bloody hectic day (read I was running around continuously for some dirty work) and boy!!! Was i glad to head back home ASAP!! Sitting inside the stuffy maruti omni, my so called chauffer driven car from City Taxi,...i was contemplating whether to listen to FM or doze off,.. i decided on the latter totally disheartened at the voice of the singer crooning a kannada song at the top of his lungs! thanks to the totally bumpy ride and the numerous traffic jams, my sleep was down the drain as well.
But It was too good a weather to ignore. I imagined taking my new bike out and going for a quick ride around the colony before it started pouring. The weather was beautiful because there was everything but the rain on a perfect rainy day. Dark clouds, strong wind blowing, the air damp and cold,.. ofcourse all indications of the impending rain. Before i could complete my bike ride in my head, it began to pour !,..Bloody hell, the traffic was gettin worse. But i must say my "chauffer" managed to maneuver his way through the infamous Bangalore traffic. Poor chap!! It really sucks to be a Driver in Bangalore, traffic jams that irk you so much that you just wanna scream and pray all the vehicles disappear,.. forever!
I reached my PG after much struggle on the road and I was delighted at the mere thought of the next day being a sunday. I had everything planned for the sunday : Amitav Ghosh (atleast 50 pages), shopping with my sister, a new haircut, sleep, sleep and yeah of course ride the bike for a few hours! (ahem, had just bought a new bike you see..:),..
ah.... there my plan for an entire day was set!! now only had to execute it,...to top it all, my roommates were all home and we got around to our usual round table conference with chips and juice. wow!! My saturday was just about to start! :)
My blogs are beginning to get too random i wonder,.. hmmm,.. ah well what the heck!!

1 comment:

  1. i love this part ''I was delighted at the mere thought of the next day being a sunday. I had everything planned for the sunday : Amitav Ghosh (atleast 50 pages), shopping with my sister, a new haircut, sleep, sleep and yeah of course ride the bike for a few hours! (ahem, had just bought a new bike you see..:),..
    ah.... there my plan for an entire day was set!! ''i always wonder if it has ever occured that a sunday could be spent without planning..just let events take its own course..isnt life lot simpler ?planning is gud but is it always necessary?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!