Saturday, July 16, 2011

The show must go on

Three bomb blasts. Terror strikes again in Mumbai city – reads the headlines in Times of India, Mumbai, 3 days ago.

Why Mumbai? Again? Sometimes one feels so helpless at the plight of things. Yes, Mumbai is known to be resilient enough to take everything in her stride. Every year, a bomb goes off, shoot outs happen, people get killed in broad daylight, yet life goes on! I believe this is what is expected of the average Mumbaiker.

I have been in this city for just 6 months and I am amazed at the fast paced life. People are always on the move. As much as I love this city and its vibrancy, sometimes I wonder if we are performing above the expectations, especially of the politicians. It is almost as if ‘Come what may, Mumbai will manage’… Kasab, the lone captured terrorist in the Mumbai 2006 attacks, seems to be leading a comfortable life in jail? J Dey was killed in broad daylight, have they managed to nab the mastermind behind the mission?

I suppose bomb blasts and shoot outs are daily affairs now. Though I managed to reach home by 6:30 pm on that fateful day, my husband was stuck in a taxi for 4 hours in one of the worst traffic jams ever. I was constantly messaging him to know which part of the city he was passing by. All the phone lines were completely jammed; hence no outgoing calls could be made.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost their beloved ones and homes in these blasts. May God give you the strength to sail through this rough tide.

Sadly for everyone else, life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!